- This event has passed.
ComNet Monterey Bay – Examining Our Values Relating to Racial Justice
June 11, 2020 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Join members of the Communications Network, Monterey Bay chapter as we consider our messaging, principles and values centered around racial justice.
Dr. Clarence B. Jones, speechwriter for Martin Luther King and civil rights leader held a ComNet virtual discussion noting that communicators are central to perceptions of race and social justice. He urged members of ComNet, which he called the “best and brightest” communicators to use our skills to craft messages of social justice that will resonate with our supporters and lead to institutional change.
We will explore:
- How does anti-racism align with your organization’s principles and values?
- How are you thinking about racial justice at your organization—gaps, opportunities, key questions?
- The Power of Perception, Change Agent
- How to Push DEI Conversations Out of the Comfort Zone, SSIR
- Clarence B. Jones and Michele Norris, The MLK I Knew — and What Today’s Changemakers Should Learn from Him